Midwinter Sliding Contest Rules
Unless otherwise stated, these Prize Rules govern the Community Sweepstakes run by Midwinter Entertainment Inc. with the registered address 1001 4th Ave STE 3200, Seattle, WA 98154
(“Midwinter”) (the “Prize Promotion”).
By participating in the Prize Promotion, you are agreeing to comply with these Prize Rules.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old to enter. You must sign up individually.
- Only one entry per participant per Prize Promotion is allowed. Any entries submitted by agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted by Midwinter.
- Employees, contractors or sub-contractors of Midwinter or its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents (and their immediate families) are ineligible.
- Participants whose local laws prohibit them from entering the Prize Promotion and/or receiving the prize are not eligible to enter. This includes but is not limited to participants from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey and UAE. Midwinter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Prize Promotion and/or receive the prize.
- Participants will be responsible for any import taxes relating to receipt of any prizes and Midwinter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with receiving the prize.
- Midwinter reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equivalent value (acting in Midwinter’s sole discretion).
- Participation in all Prize Promotions is free.
- Promotion Period - the Prize Promotion will commence on 22 December 2021 at 12:00 PM PST and will close on 9 January 2022 at 11:59 PM PST.
- To enter the Prize Promotion, each participant must follow the steps provided by Midwinter. Participants will be required to either:
- (i) submit a screenshot or video (of a maximum length of 2 minutes) of an in-game sliding maneuver (other than participants playing on console who are not permitted to share screenshots or videos in accordance with the Scavenger’s Playtest Terms of Service); or
- (ii) submit a description of a sliding maneuver they have performed (please note that descriptions must be of a sliding maneuver that is realistic and achievable in-game).
- All entries will be judged by a panel made up of individuals from the Scavengers Community team and the Midwinter team on the following criteria: (i) creative; (ii) realistic; and (iii) unique & interesting.
- There will be up to three (3) screenshot/video entries and up to three (3) description entries that will be selected by the judges based on the above criteria to win a Halden pin badge & Rin pin badge and a postcard signed by the Midwinter team. The winners will be notified via direct message on Discord within fourteen (14) calendar days of the expiry of the Promotion Period. The Winners will have fourteen (14) days from the date of the Discord direct message to claim their prize, by replying with information as requested. The Prize shall be delivered to the address provided by the winner.
- In the event that a winner, or substitute winner, is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim a prize in the time required, the winner or substitute winner shall forfeit their prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner, which shall be an entry chosen by Midwinter.
- Midwinter’s decision relating to all prizes is final and in Midwinter’s sole discretion and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into regarding the selection of the winner(s) of each Prize.
- Where required to receive the Prize, winners shall provide a delivery address or arrange for collection of the prize from Midwinter’s registered address.
- Midwinter reserves the right to disqualify any participant if Midwinter believes in its sole discretion that the participant has: a) breached any of these Prize Rules; b) breached any applicable law; c) infringed the intellectual property of any other person; or d) otherwise behaved fraudulently, inappropriately or in an unsportsmanlike manner.
- You promise that all the information which you provide to us in connection with any Prize Promotion shall be and shall remain complete and accurate.
- Midwinter reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all reasonable actions to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries including, without limitation, to request further verification as to a participant’s identity, age, and other relevant details.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism and regard for other participants at all times.
- By entering any Prize Promotion, you give us permission to make your name and/or any other information specifically requested from you available if you win.
- You agree that we may use your name as well as any photos and video footage that you have submitted as part of the competition for promotional and marketing purposes in any and all media.
GENERAL AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We exclude all liability save for liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that or our employees or agents, and for losses or harm caused by fraud by us or our agents, or any other liability which may not by law be excluded.
- In the unfortunate event that Midwinter has to end any Prize Promotion early due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, Midwinter may determine the winner(s) from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such action.
- These Prize Rules shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with English law and shall be exclusively subject to the courts of England and Wales.
- For any questions about these Prize Rules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org