We’re back with our latest Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received.
Here, we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- Winter’s Fury Battle Pass: The start of the Winter’s Fury season and our first full length Battle Pass begins on September 15th! The Battle Pass includes 90 curated items, including weapon and Explorer skins for the new Protector and Cyber Attack skin lines! Read more about Winter’s Fury here.
- New Explorer Rin: The miasmatic ambusher Rin joins the fray on September 15th. With her SHIN-48 rifle and Smoke Bomb, Rin is sure to be a great addition to any party. Find out more about Rin!
- Adjusted Controller Sensitivity: A couple of weeks ago, we reduced the controller sensitivity. Since then, we’ve heard your feedback that the sensitivity doesn’t feel quite right, especially at the highest level. We’re bumping up the sensitivity at the highest level to almost double what it is now. You will have 20 different sensitivity levels to select between once this change goes live.
- Improvements to Fog of War: Last week, we introduced Fog of War, which limits visibility on the map and mini-map. This week, we’re working on improving some Fog of War functions.
- Bug Fixes: We’re continuing to investigate and fix bugs and issues that crop up.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
We love reading your feedback and sometimes, there are game reasons why certain elements are designed a certain way. When that happens, we’ll try to explain a bit of our thoughts around design.
- Weapon Balance: There’s been increased feedback to see more frequent general weapon balancing. We agree and we’re interested in taking another overall weapon balance pass. We’ve also heard concerns that adjustments are needed to the Opus. The Opus, in particular, is one weapon we’re looking into, to determine the best way to bring it in line with the other weapons, without over nerfing it.
- Anti-Cheat Methods & Reporting Cheaters: We take cheating very seriously. Both through improving the anti-cheat methods that we use and investigating player reports. From talking with the community, it appears that we’ve fallen a bit short of your expectations after you’ve reported players. We’re taking another look at our processes, to ensure we’re doing as much as we can to create a fun and fair environment in Cascade Springs.
Blogs & Event
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what events might be happening and what blog content you might see!
We’re back with our Mutator GunFu and Mutator Arsenal events! These are weekly events run on Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 9:30 AM PT / 5:30 BST and 3:30 PM / 11:30 BST.
Our next update is coming this Wednesday, September 15th, bringing Winter’s Fury, Rin, and some bug fixes.
It’s time for another Community Roundup to showcase your creative fanart, videos and livestreams!
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.