We’re excited to share our first Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received. You can also get a peek at the content and blogs planned for this week.
Here we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- Fixing bugs and known issues, improving performance optimization, and making improvements to the anti-cheat: These are always a top focus for the team. We’ll continue to release hotfixes to deal with those pesky bugs and issues while continuing to address some of the tougher issues.
- Console: Getting Scavengers ready for a console release is a huge focus for our team. The recent progression wipe was a part of that prep work, and now we’re holding internal playtests. We don’t have a date for the console release; however, we are working hard to get it ready for our players.
- Hotfix: We’re getting ready to roll out another hotfix this week! This one is focused on bug fixes and improving how the controller feels based on your feedback.
- Expanding the Shop: We’re working on expanding the functionality within the shop as well as adding more content to it.
- Quality of Life Improvements: In a future game update, we’ll introduce some quality of life improvements that you’ve been asking for! We’ll talk more about these improvements as we get closer to releasing them.
- Resurrection and Respawn System: We’re working on changing how the resurrection and respawn system work. We want death in the game to feel a bit more risky and think these changes will hit the spot. We’ll have more details as we get closer to releasing the updated systems.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you ’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
For these, we’re planning to add them to Scavengers at some point, but don’t have a confirmed release date yet. They are part of our mid to long-term plans, so it could be months before they are available in-game.
- Weapon Stats: We’re definitely interested in adding some weapon stats directly in the game at some point in the future!
- Player Stats: We’ve heard you - you want to be able to track your own stats, to see how well you’re performing in a match. This is definitely something we want to add in the future.
- Shoulder Swap: This has been a regular feedback point since even before Early Access started. You want to be able to swap your weapon to make peeking around corners easier! This will likely come in a future update but we don’t currently have an ETA on when it will be included.
We’re interested in adding these to the game and are currently looking into how it might work. We don’t have any definite plans, so they may or may not be added in a future update.
- Reconnecting to a match: Currently, when you crash or exit the game, you have no way to reconnect to your current match. We’re investigating how to improve that, so that we can get you back into the action and playing with your squad.
- Dealing with AFK players or Leavers: We’ve heard you loud and clear. It’s no fun when one (or two!) members of your team leave right after the match has started or before respawning. We don’t have any definite plans, but we’re looking into how we can make this experience better for our players.
More Feedback Requested:
This is where we need your help! We’ve heard your feedback, but would love more input on a few things. These items aren’t guaranteed as part of our long-term plans, so please continue sharing your feedback on these topics on Discord!
- Switch between Toggle and Hold: Crouch, sprint, Inventory, leaderboard - there are multiple elements within the game that could alternate between toggle and hold. Our question to you is: What element(s) would you like the option to switch between Toggle and Hold? And, are you happy to have one setting switch for Toggle and Hold that controls everything?
- Flexible Key Bindings: We’re heard your feedback that you’re interested in customizing your key bindings. We’d like to know - how do you see this working? Is it complete customization to rebind all actions? Or is it the ability to bind specific items to certain keys? Perhaps it's something else altogether. Let us know what you think!
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what blog content you might see!
This week is a light week on the blog front but keep an eye out for the Hotfix Notes, shortly before the hotfix goes live.
We held our first public ScavLab event this past Saturday, May 29th and have a quick ScavLab May Event Recap for those who weren’t able to attend!
We’re also starting back up our Questions of the Week series, where the team answers your questions! Share your questions on Discord, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and it could be in a future blog!
This week also features our second Community Roundup, where we highlight cool fan art, videos and livestreams from the Scavengers community!
If you’re a creator making awesome Scavengers art, neat GIFs, great guides and awesome creations in general, please share them with us! Tag us into your work and they could be featured in the next roundup or on our social channels!
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.