We’re back with our latest Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received. You can also get a peek at the content and blogs planned for this week.
Here, we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- Game Update: We have our latest game update going live this week with changes to the respawn system, a weapon balance pass, and some quality of life improvements. We’ll be monitoring your feedback and suggestions, to get your thoughts on how these changes are working out.
- Weapon Balance: We’re constantly looking at your feedback and the in-game data on how weapons are performing. We know that keeping weapons balanced and viable is important in shooters, so we’ll make adjustments as needed.
- Resurrection Changes: This update brings changes to our Resurrection system, which we’ll go into in more detail in a separate blog. We’re interested in hearing your feedback after you get a chance to use the new system.
- New Challenges: We’ve been reading your feedback on the Challenge system and are excited to bring new Challenges with the next update! We have more planned for the Challenge system in the future as well.
- Console: After the game update, working on console is our biggest focus for this week.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
More Feedback Requested:
This is where we need your help! We’ve heard your feedback, but would love more input on a few things. These items aren’t guaranteed as part of our long-term plans, so please continue sharing your feedback on these topics on Discord!
- Adjusting Letty: We’re reading your feedback on Letty and that something just feels off, whether it’s her ability, Rosie, or her larger hitbox. We’re interested in hearing which part(s) are most frustrating when you play Letty.
- Crosshair Visibility: White crosshair on white snow can make it difficult to see. We would like to know if there are any specific weapon(s) or type(s) of weapons that are more difficult to see than others. We’ll also be investigating ways to visualize the crosshair better, whether it’s changing the color or some other method.
- Upgrading Signature Weapons: We hear your frustration with unlocking high tier Signature weapon variants then being unable to Craft them during a match. A suggestion is to Craft the Signature weapon first, then upgrade that to the higher tier variants as the game progresses. We would love to hear more from you if this is something you would enjoy and enhance your game experience.
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what blog content you might see!
This week is our latest game update, so we’ll be rolling out a Resurrection System change blog and Patch Notes so you know what to expect before the update hits.
We’ll be ending the week with another Questions of the Week blog so be sure to get your questions to us on Twitter or Discord!
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.