We’re back with our latest Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received. You can also get a peek at the content and blogs planned for this week.
Here we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- Hotfix: We’re getting ready to roll out another hotfix tomorrow! This one is focused on fixing reported bugs and issues, including several hot topics within the community. Full Hotfix Notes will be released tomorrow, but check out the highlights:
- The Blink Talent no longer allows an Explorer to become permanently invisible and the Mag Break Talent correctly gives stamina while sprinting
- The Smooth Moves Talent now only speeds up the next reload after dodging
- Real Money Transactions: We’re getting ready to update the Shop with new Chip bundles, which will be purchasable with real money.
- Upcoming Game Update: We’re closing out some feature work for our next game update! This includes changes to the respawn system that we were working on last week. We’ll share more details on upcoming features as we get closer to the update.
- Improved Anti-Cheat: We’re continuing to improve our anti-cheat measures. Providing a fair game for all our players is very important, and we won’t stop working to prevent cheating.
- Performance Optimization: Another ongoing goal of Early Access is to continue optimizing the game.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
We’re interested in adding these to the game and are currently looking into how it might work. We don’t have any definite plans, so they may or may not be added in a future update.
- Dropship Timer: The 5 minute timer after the Dropship lands works great for last-minute team fights as the game ends. But when there’s been a full lobby wipe and your team is the last one standing, waiting out that timer isn’t much fun. We’re looking into adjusting it so if there is only one team left standing, the Dropship will extract sooner.
- Organizing Friends List: We’ve heard your feedback that the Friends List organization isn’t intuitive or clear enough. We’re interested in seeing what changes can be made to make it easier to know who is online and who is already in a game.
- Friend and Party Pending Invites: Making it easier to know when you have a pending invite, especially if you missed the initial notification, is also something we’re interested in investigating.
- Challenges: There’s nothing as frustrating as having a Challenge that you just can’t complete, especially ones where your level is too low to complete.
- Matchmaking Improvements: We’ve heard your feedback - the disparity between new players and those who have unlocked higher Research tiers can feel huge. We’re looking into what can be done to improve matchmaking but that won’t likely come for a while.
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what blog content you might see!
We’re rolling out another hotfix this week. Keep an eye out for Hotfix Notes detailing the issues fixed. This hotfix also enables real money transactions in the Shop which we’ll talk about in a separate Real Money Transactions blog.
We have a new Dev Insights blog coming up this week! We share some behind-the-scenes thinking and planning that goes into making Scavengers.
The team answers more questions in another Questions of the Week blog! Share your questions on Discord, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and it could be in a future blog.
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.