We’re back with our latest Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received.
Here, we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- August Update: We’re finishing up the final touches for our upcoming update, focusing on addressing the remaining bugs and issues. The update is planned for later this week, so keep an eye out for the Patch Notes for full details.
- Season Points: Currently, Season Points are tied to the Challenge system. We recently added Season Points to the Career Challenges, and we’re planning to continue making adjustments. We’re completing a balance pass on the Daily Challenges, to make many of them a bit easier to complete. Hopefully, this will help you complete the Daily Challenges to earn the Season Points. In addition, we’re planning to introduce Weekly Challenges as an additional method of obtaining Season points.
- Daily Challenge Bug: We’ve been investigating a bug that causes some players to not receive new Daily Challenges during the reset. We’ve been investigating this issue and have determined the root cause. We’re looking to push out a fix for the Daily Challenge bug this week.
- New Player Experience: We acknowledge that improvements are still needed to improve the experience for our new players. This continues to be a big focus for us and one of the features we’ve been working on is the new matchmaking system, which we’ve mentioned previously. We’re getting close to finishing this system and are excited to introduce it once it’s finished.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
We’re interested in adding these to the game and are currently looking into how it might work. We don’t have any definite plans, so they may or may not be added in a future update.
- Selling Research Materials: Sometimes, you need to Disassemble Research Material to obtain the required Nanites. We’ve heard your feedback that it’s frustrating to not know how many Nanites you’ll receive before you disassemble your Materials. We agree that this information should be shown and are interested in improving the UI.
- Explorer Abilities: Another frustration you’re sharing with us, is being unable to see what the Explorer abilities actually do in-game. While most players know that Halden’s Curative Aura will heal allies, there is nothing explaining that it will also revive downed teammates. Providing greater clarity around what the abilities do is something that we would like to improve in the future.
We love reading your feedback and sometimes, there are game reasons why certain elements are designed a certain way. When that happens, we’ll try to explain a bit of our thoughts around design.
- Communication: The goal of the Weekly Focus blogs is to help improve communication around our immediate focus as well as provide our thoughts on some of the top community feedback. While we hope that these blogs provide useful information, we’ve also heard you say that it’s not enough, especially on our long-term focus and the status of bugs and issues. Our first priority will be to determine a better method of communicating what bugs and issues are known, and the status of those issues when possible. We are committed to strengthening our communication with you, and would love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve. Please share them with us on Twitter or Discord.
- New and Veteran Players: Your frustration around the new player experience, both as a new player and as a veteran playing with/against new players, has been heard. We’re currently designing features to help with the new player experience. While aimed at new players, some features such as the improved matchmaking system should also help our more veteran players find enjoyable matches.
Blogs & Event
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what events might be happening and what blog content you might see!
Get ready for the weekly Mutator events! Mutator GunFu returns on Tuesday with random weapons every time you spawn - including the initial spawn! And then on Thursday, it’s time for high tier weapons with Mutator Arsenal. These Mutators happen twice each day, at 9:30 AM PT / 5:30 BST and 3:30 PM / 11:30 BST!
We were unable to run our ScavLab event last week, but we’re aiming to do so this week. Stay tuned to Discord for all the latest info on upcoming ScavLab events!
We’ll be sharing the Patch Notes for our next major update later this week. We’re also looking forward to showcasing more amazing community content in our Community Roundup.
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.