We’re back with our latest Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received. You can also get a peek at the content and blogs planned for this week.
Here, we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- Console: Getting Scavengers ready to come to console is a huge priority. We’re constantly testing the console version internally to get it ready for public testing. We still don’t have a date when that may happen, but will let you know as soon as we have more information.
- Bugs and Issues: Right now, the team is focused on fixing the bugs and issues that you have been reporting.
- Continue Working on Upcoming Features: Our next game update is getting closer and we’re knuckling down to complete those features.
- Improving Anti-Cheat: We’re continuing to improve our anti-cheat measures. Providing a fair game for all our players is very important, and we won’t stop working to prevent cheating.
- Performance Optimization and Stability: Optimization and improving stability continues to be a core focus for our team. We’re interested in hearing any performance issues you may experience, so we can work to correct them.
- Player Retention: Another continuing focus for us is to improve our player retention.. We want Scavengers to be a game that players are excited to return to, time and time again and we’ll be working on this through systems for both new and experienced players.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
For these, we’re planning to add them to Scavengers at some point, but don’t have a confirmed release date yet. They are part of our mid to long-term plans, so it could be months before they are available in-game.
- Proxima Grenades: We’ve heard your feedback on the Proxima grenades. It’s not much fun to see a player on the enemy team run at you, loaded with Proxima grenades. While we’re not removing the ability to attach a Proxima grenade to an ally, we will be making changes to how it works in a future update.
- End Game Content: We’re getting feedback that after Researching the high tier weapons and Talents and creating your ideal loadout, there isn’t much left to strive for. We’re investigating different ways we can continue to engage and excite our dedicated, end game players.
We’re interested in adding these to the game and are currently looking into how it might work. We don’t have any definite plans, so they may or may not be added in a future update.
- Kill Feed UI: Right now, the UI isn’t where it should be so that you can clearly and easily know who killed you. This is something that we’re interested in addressing at some point in the future.
- Research QoL Improvements: There are several quality of life improvements that could be added to the Research system, including making it clear what materials are needed for locked Research projects. We’re interested in looking into what QoL improvements we can make for our Research system.
- Make 1st Place Finish Rewarding: You’ve fought the entire match, defeated AI and players, collected the most Datapoints, and successfully extracted... only to feel the rewards are less than satisfying. We want a first place finish to feel exciting and are looking into ways to make that happen.
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what blog content you might see!
This is a light week as we prepare communication for the upcoming game update.
We love seeing Scavengers fan art, videos and livestreams and are excited to share that content in a Community Roundup.
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.