We’re back with our latest Weekly Focus blog!
This will be a regular series where we’ll take a look at what the team is focusing their attention on this week, as well as their response to some of the top community feedback and suggestions we’ve received.
Here, we’ll talk about some of the top topics that the team is working on this week. This isn’t their only focus - we’ll be highlighting only the main topics they’re focused on:
- July 21st: Horde Update: Mark the date: Our July 21st Update brings with it a PvE Horde Mode, Season 0 Battle Pass, the EXP rework and more! We’ll be focused on supporting this update, so please let us know of any bugs or issues that you encounter while playing.
- Dunk the Devs: At the end of the week, we’ll be running a special ‘Dunk the Devs’ event. During that event, keep an eye out for a member of our dev team in your match - we’ll be the one with a special IGN (in-game name). Keep an eye out for more info on this event, later this week.
- Mutator Events: Last week, we introduced two Mutator events: GunFu and Arsenal. We’ll be running those events again this Tuesday, July 20th and Thursday, July 22nd.
- Horde Mode: We’re excited to see how you feel about the new PVE Horde Mode! We’ll be keeping a close eye on your feedback after this mode goes live, so please share your thoughts and ideas with us.
We’re on this Scavengers journey with you, and we want to improve and refine the game with the feedback and suggestions from our community. Although the team is constantly going through your feedback and incorporating them into our updates and hotfixes, we haven’t had a really good way to let you know what might be coming in the medium to long term.
So, every week, we'll share our thoughts on some of the top community feedback topics that we’ve been seeing on our platforms. We may work on some of these for a future update; some of these could be part of a long-term plan and might not have a date for when they’ll arrive in Scavengers. Others, we may be investigating or considering adding, but can’t promise that you’ll see them in the game. Finally, for some, we want to continue hearing your feedback and thoughts on, to ensure we’re considering the right way to approach it. Let’s break them down:
For these, we’re planning to add them to Scavengers at some point, but don’t have a confirmed release date yet. They are part of our mid to long-term plans, so it could be months before they are available in-game.
- Respawn System: Based on your feedback, we’re continuing to make changes to the Respawn System, including reducing the Datapoints requirement. We’re also fixing a bug that shows a higher Datapoint requirement.
- In-Game News: Currently, the best places to find information and news about Scavengers is on our website, Steam, or our social channels. With information spread across several channels, we realize that it could be confusing to know where to look - especially if news isn’t shared on all those channels. We agree that major news should also be shared in-game, so all players can be kept updated. We’re also looking into future options to make it easier to find essential news while playing Scavengers.
We’re interested in adding these to the game and are currently looking into how it might work. We don’t have any definite plans, so they may or may not be added in a future update.
- Initial Weapon Spawns: The initial spawn areas should all contain the same number of weapons, so no matter where you spawn, your team can be ready for action. We’ve heard that some areas feel as though fewer weapons spawn, making it more difficult at the start of the match. We’ll be investigating this, to ensure that all areas have the same number of weapons.
- Respawning Near Enemies: Another feedback point we’ve heard is that sometimes when you respawn, enemies are nearby. You should respawn near your teammates, but not immediately in front of enemies. We’ll be looking into this, to ensure that it is working correctly.
- Mutator Event Timing and Announcements: Last week, we introduced Mutator events: unique twists to the normal Expedition rules. Our announcements, especially on our social channels, might come a bit too late for some players to plan around the events and enjoy them. We’re working on fixing that, so that you have advanced notice before an event starts.
Here’s where we’ll keep you updated on what blog content you might see!
This week is a big content update, so most of our comms are focused around that! We kicked the week off talking about the Season 0 Battle Pass starting on July 23rd and the new PvE-only Horde Mode coming July 21st!
Tomorrow, we’ll be sharing what else you can expect in the July 21st Update with the Patch Notes. And at the end of the week, learn more about our Dunk the Devs event - stay tuned!
We’re committed to creating Scavengers with our amazing players. Please share your feedback and suggestions on Discord and Twitter and let us know your thoughts on our focus topics.